Friday, July 5, 2013

God is in Control?!


"You are the master of your destiny. 

You can influence, direct and control your own environment. 

You can make your life what you want it to be."

Everyday I receive e-mails containing motivational quotes from two different websites.  Today, one included the quote above and the other included the quote below.

Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
Isaiah 46:4

As I read both, I couldn't help but think about the children and families we serve everyday.  More and more students and families  are coming to us with the attitude that they are the masters of their destiny.  Yes, God gives us free will to make choices but does that mean we are in control?  

In stark contrast the verse from Isaiah, tells us that God is in control!  Can we even imagine our schools if our children and families our teachers and even us (administrators) had faith that God truly is in control?  

Thinking back to times when I was overwhelmed, felt lost and hopeless, had to initiate a difficult discussion, comforted a sad student, and/or had to make a serious decision, I know that God was there.  He sustained me, carried me and rescued me.  He gave me the words I needed and let me  know that He had planned everything.  Looking back He was right! 

The challenge now, is to remember, while in the throws of those difficult times, that God is in control - that he is right.  Again, can we even imagine what our schools would be like, if we all let God "take the wheel?"





No comments:

Post a Comment