Thursday, July 4, 2013

Life Liberty and the Pursuit of ...Catholic Education

As I celebrated the Fourth of July with my family today, it was hard not to think about one of the fundamental reasons people chose to come to America...religious freedom.  It saddens me that God has been taken from our schools but I am so very thankful that Catholic Education is such an important focus of our Catholic Faith.

Reliance on God and my Catholic Faith is evident everyday in my job as an assistant principal of a Catholic school.  The smiles on the children's faces, the crucifixes in the classrooms, the many times we pray throughout the day, celebrations of Mass, retreats, Rosaries, and the sheer fact that we can discuss the teachings of Jesus and use them as a framework for teaching serve as reminders that God is ever present.  I for one, cannot even imagine tackling some of the difficult things I encounter in my job without God.  We, Catholic eductors are the lucky ones!

As I close, I again think of the words of Mother Theresa...


"Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. "Life is beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a promise, fulfill it. Life is sorrow, overcome it. Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it. Life is a tragedy, confront it. Life is an adventure, dare it. Life is luck, make it. Life is too precious, do not destroy it. Life is life, fight for it."
Our forefathers did just that, they fought for our life, our right to be Catholic and share our rich Catholic heritage with those whose lives we have been entrusted with.

No comments:

Post a Comment